What’s Up Buttercup is an overview of the past, present and future here on Words in a Teacup, posted around the middle of the month.
- With the two of us working full time now, we still have to find a way to set aside time for reading and blogging! Some days we miss each other completely because Isa goes to bed before Ren gets home. :( However, we’re very excited about meeting up in a couple of weeks! We’re going to the Welcome To Night Vale live show… Expect a Random Ramble or two on the subject!
- Ren made a list of Top Ten Books on her Fall 2014 TBR List. She was a bit of a failure because she didn’t read any of the books on her summer list, but this time she’s trying to do better and she’s already read a book and a half.
- The PFM books for October were chosen, and Isa has already finished one of hers! Way to go! Sadly, Ren might DNF one of hers because of an annoying narrator.
- Ren listed Top Ten Books For Readers Who Like Character Driven Novels
- Tragedy struck when Isa’s Kindle broke for apparently no reason. To cope, she thought of several things you can do when your ereader breaks.
Isa: No books this month (much like the previous months), but instead a new Kindle. Since, you know, my other one broke. Again. God. People should not give me technology. So far I am pretty happy with my new Kindle, which I’ve called Flora. It’s a bit different because I had a Kindle 4 before and now I have a Kindle 5, the main difference being touch! I still keep trying to move to the next page by pushing the buttons at the side, except that there are none. It takes a bit of getting used to but I really like it! It has some nice features too, like a vocabulary builder (oh my god I am in love right now) and Wikipedia integration and most importantly Goodreads integration, so despite the unexpected dent in my bank account, I am pretty happy with my new Kindle.
That’s it for this month, buttercups. What’s going on with you? Feel free to share in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!