What’s Up Buttercup is an overview of the past, present and future here on Words in a Teacup, posted around the middle of the month.
- The good news: Ren finally found a job! She starts on October 1st and is very excited about finally becoming an actual adult with an actual salary. The bad news is that, with both bloggers working full time, posts will remain scarce in the foreseeable future. We’ll try to make it up by writing extra-interesting posts!
- Speaking of, Isa posted some of her thoughts about how she balances work & blogging.
- We’ve picked our choices for September Pick-For-Me. Isa is reading Rivers of London, while Ren plans to start The Princess Curse as soon as she’s done with her pile of ARCs.
- Ren listed ten books she wants to read but doesn’t own yet, either because the book isn’t out yet or because it’s old and hard to find.
- For the back to school theme, here’s ten characters who would be sitting at Ren’s lunch table.
- Usually when Ren finds a great new author she goes and reads all of their other books, but sometimes she can’t — or won’t. So here’s are ten authors Ren read only one book from but NEEDS to read more.
- Isa finally finished re-reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and she posted her thoughts on the last few chapters… and socks. Because socks are important!
Ren: Usually when I get a review copy it’s an ebook, so I was pretty excited to get this one in the mail! It’s set in Oregon, and I’m already bummed because I just know it’ll make me want to go and take a walk along one of the suggested routes… which I can’t do because I’m, well, nowhere close to Oregon. But I hope the mystery will be fun! No other books for me this month, since I’m trying really hard to finish at least a few of the tons of books I have already.
Scene of the Climb
That’s it for this month, buttercups. What’s going on with you? Feel free to share in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!