Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Once again I forgot about TTT, so I’m catching up with last week’s theme today. It’s actually rather fitting to have a back to school theme because for the first time in twenty years I won’t be going back to school this autumn. It’s a weird feeling, and I don’t miss school in the least, though it’s way better than job hunting! Anyway, if I was going back to school, and if this school was full of awesome fictional characters…
Top Ten Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table
- Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series. I’ve always been hanging out with the rejects and the bookworms and neither of them would complain if I wanted to finish a book during lunch. Or I could borrow a copy of The Quibbler from Luna!
- Matilda Wormwood from Matilda. Obviously. The original bookworm.
- Tiffany Aching from the Discworld series. Her obsession with cheese is kind of off-putting, but she has a lot in common with younger!me. We could have deep and meaningful conversations in which we roll our eyes at adults and we mispronounce words because we’ve only ever seen them written down.
- Alice from Alice In Wonderland. We could have so many conversations about our weird dreams!
- Jo March from Little Women. I didn’t know any other writers in high school but I would have loved to, so we could read and comment each other’s stuff.
- Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong from Murder Most Unladylike. Okay, so I’d rather hang around with Hazel because Daisy is kind of a mean popular girl, but the two girls are inseparable so I’m treating them as a package deal. I think I’d get on famously with them because I also love mysteries and I would do anything to join their detective society.
- Truthful Newington from Newt’s Emerald. Newt can also join our detective society. She’s smart and resourceful and definitely someone I’d want to be friends with.
- Brienne of Tarth from the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I was trying to stick to characters that were vaguely of school age, but I can’t leave Brienne out. Rather than sitting at my table, I think I’d go sit at her table and I’d clown around trying to get her to laugh. Because she’s awesome and she shouldn’t feel crappy because of what some stupid boy is saying.
Which characters would be sitting at your table?
Or, if you’re up-to-date and doing today’s question, which underrated authors are in your top ten?
I already talk a lot about my favourite underrated books so I won’t be doing this list, but I like finding new reads in other people’s lists.