Series! We love reading books in a series. There’s something about getting to know a character over several books and reading more of their adventures. However, unfortunately, sequels have a tendency to take over one’s TBR list. You read the first book in a series and enjoy very much, but then you realize that the series has been running for years and you have eight more books to add to your reading pile! And you mean to read them, but then you see that your favourite author has just published the first book in a new series, or your friend recommends you this other book that you simply have to read now… You get the picture. So here at Words in a Teacup we’ve decided that it’s time to do some spring cleaning in our TBR list!
- This challenge will run from the beginning to the end of spring: March 20th to June 20th 2014.
- The goal is to read as many sequels as possible.
- You can join whenever you want and you can read as many (or as few) sequels as you want.
- A “sequel” is any book that is part of a series, apart from the first one. So prequels and midquels would also count. Anything goes, the only restriction is no standalone novels and no first books in a series.
- If you start a new series during the challenge period, the second (and third, and fourth…) book in that series will count for Sequel Spring.
- You can read multiple sequels from the same series.For example if you read all 7 Harry Potter books this spring, you can count 6 of them for Sequel Spring (all books minus the first one).
- Books should be at least 50 pages long to count. If you’re reading ebooks, you can check the page count on bookseller sites like Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, etc. Short stories are okay, as long as they’re not too short!
- Books read for other challenges also count. Audiobooks also count.
- You don’t have to review all the books you read — you can write no reviews at all if you like, this challenge is all about reading. But if you do write reviews of your Sequel Spring books, there will be a linky to collect all reviews in the progress posts.
- You don’t need a blog to participate. If you’re not a blogger you can link to your Goodreads, Shelfari, LibraryThing, Tumblr, Facebook… anything!
- If you have a blog, it’d be cool if you created a challenge page, or grab a button and link back.
Words in a Teacup is a tiny new blog so it’s very possible that it’ll be just Isa and Ren doing the challenge, but we thought it might be fun to try and get other people to join us. We’ll be making a post every couple of weeks to keep track of our progress and if other people join we’d love to link to our favourite Sequel Spring reviews.
- Isa @ Words in a Teacup
- Ren @ Words in a Teacup
- Melanie @ Shelf of Melanie
- Mark @ Carstairs Considers
- Gina @ Book Dragon’s Lair
- Veggiemomof2 @ Insanity, Table for 4
- Alysia @ My Little Pocketbooks
- Katherine @ I Wish I Lived in a Library
- Rachael @ Rachael Turns Pages
- Avi @ Leaf Through Books
- JoAnne @ LitlequeenRules
- Jane @ Jane’s Book Blog
- Rachel @ Resistance is futile
- Maria @ To Read Perchance to Dream
- Sofia Li @ Loving the Language of Literacy
- Ely @ A Book So Fathomless
- Pamela @ A Yarn Spun Soft
For the previous entries please click the images below: