What’s Up Buttercup is an overview of the past, present and future here on Words in a Teacup, posted around the middle of the month.
- We have a new banner and a matching button, courtesy of Isa! Sorry about any confusion that may have overtaken your senses, we didn’t really intend to change things around.
- March’s Pick-For-Me went up! Each month we choose two books for the other one to read and review. Isa’s been terribly shallow this month and picked books with pretty covers, while Ren went for books with interesting summaries that she didn’t feel like reading herself.
- Top Ten Tuesday: Ren listed some of her favourite magical/boarding school reads.
- Thoughtful Thursday: Favourite Literary Tropes. Guess who lost an entire evening on tvtropes.
Isa: I recently picked up (but haven’t finished yet, shame on me) The (im)perfect Girlfriend (Sarah Sargeant #2) by Lucy-Anne Holmes, which was sitting in my shelf ever since a friend of mine left it up for adoption because she didn’t really like it. Turns out that I do like it, and during a bout of sickness and frustration towards the world I ended up getting my hands on all the paperbacks by Lucy-Anne Holmes. Now I can’t wait to read (Un)like a Virgin, 50 Ways To Find A Lover (Sarah Sargeant #1) and Just A Girl Standing In Front Of A Boy (if you don’t understand what the title is referring to, I am side-eyeing you a little).
Ren: Alas, I almost exclusively read ebooks so no fancy photo of the book haul from me. However I did get my hands (so to speak) on new books that I’m very excited about! First off there’s The Diviners by Libba Bray which I’ve had on my Kindle for months but only started a few days ago. So far it’s very intriguing and I like the atmosphere, but I just noticed it’s marked as the first book in a series and I really hope it’ll have a proper ending instead of a cliffhanger. I also picked up Alchemy and Meggy Swann because I loved Karen Cushman’s books as a kid, and I got the ARC of Peacemaker by Marianne de Pierres from Netgalley because I was intrigued by the blend of genres.
Looking Forward To
- Spring is almost upon us and we’re happy to announce that Sequel Spring is coming to Words in a Teacup really soon! Time for some spring cleaning in our TBR stashes…
That’s it for this month, buttercups. What’s going on with you? Feel free to share in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!